The Rebel Women Embroidery Project is an ongoing effort to highlight and showcase remarkable women throughout history by:
- sharing their stories
- embroidering a portrait in tribute to each woman
- inspiring and encouraging others to pay tribute in their own ways.
The project currently draws from a chronological list composed by myself, found here.
- be a self-identified woman
- be a real woman who lived – not fictional or mythical.
She may have either:
- made a notable contribution to society
- worked in some way towards full equality for women, socially or politically, or
- personally achieved something out of the ordinary for a woman of her time, making her a positive role model.